Genius e-Membership Agreement
Welcome to Genius Online!
Before you register and become a Genius e-Member, we recommend you read the following terms and regulations carefully, by which you agree upon and hereby abide by in order to become a Genius e-Member.
- Service Guidelines
- Member's Registration
- Member's Privacy
- Termination of Service
- Members and Data Safety
- Free of Responsibility
- Intellectual Properties
- Other Guideline
This agreement will describe the status rights and obligations of you as a member, in a more detailed fashion. When you have read this agreement and proceed to press the agreement button, you will be obliged to comply with and accept these regulations as defined by the Genius website.
- When you access any website or service provided by Genius, as a member, it is your responsibility to provide the Internet connection items needed to access our website.
- At present, the current Genius e-Service family includes Genius e-News, Activities, Genius e-Survey, and some Genius international websites. For the benefit of providing better services, we will add, remove, or modify any of the current services and functions without notifying you in advance. (see #5)
3. Member's Registration
As a member, you will provide current and complete personal information as requested in the registration form. Some of the information is optional so you don’t have to fill it out unless you want to. If there are any changes in your personal information, (e.g. e-mail address, location, etc), you can change your personal information immediately. Any information that is out-of-date or incomplete, Genius has the right to suspend or terminate your member account and refuse any or all of current or future use of the Genius Online service (or any portion thereof).
4. Member's Privacy
You will be responsible for the security of your personal login name, password and other relevant personal details. You will be fully responsible for accessing your own account on our website. You are not permitted to share your password with any third party. If you think someone is accessing your account without your knowledge, please contact the Genius webmaster immediately.
5. Termination of Service
- Genius holds the right to terminate or modify any or all of the related service contents at any time without notice to you. Genius and/or its associate businesses are not responsible for any loss, daage, or inconvenience caused by any such termination.
- Genius will terminate the service when, but not limited to, if the following situations occur:
- Abnormal behavior occurs in the e-mail system server.
- A natural disaster which causes a breakdown in services.
- When the Genius website is under the process of maintenance or construction.
6. Members and Data Safety
- Genius will not disclose your personal information in any shape, form, or manner without your prior consent. This is provided that the following situations do not apply to this condition:
- a. Required by laws and regulations;
- b. Order by a court or a governmental authority.
- For any personal information provided by you when you become a Genius member, you agree that Genius, Genius Branch Offices, and Genius related enterprises or partners are allowed to make use of them. This includes collecting, processing, restoring and transmitting for information retrieval, service, statistical analysis, or study, research and other legal purposes.
- Although Genius Online and other Genius websites will protect your personal information, however, there may be loopholes for information processing on the Internet. As a member, you agree to take the risks yourself inherent with online data transmission.
- The Genius server may leave a cookie file (an insignificant file) in your system when you visit the Genius website. The purpose of this is to record information, what you have browsed previously, so when you visit the website the next time, the website will provide you with more personalized service. The cookies do not collect your name, e-mail address and other personal information.
7. The Responsibility and Liability
When you use Genius Online and its respective websites, Genius will not be responsible for any service failures resulting from direct, indirect, additional, unexpected or deliberate damage. If some part of this service or any other related Genius websites experiences temporary disconnection, time delay, failure to transmit or restore data, or any loss resulted from infiltration by any third party, you agree not to claim any compensation from Genius Online, Genius, and its related enterprises.
8. Intellectual Properties
Any title or interest in any logos, images, photos, files, illustrations, software, or relevant information that appear in our website, its intellectual properties belongs to Genius or its source provider. You agree to not duplicate, reproduce, transfer, modify or edit in any way for any third party or individual benefits without agreement from Genius or the source provider's prior written consent.
9. Other Guidelines
- This agreement is governed by the laws and regulations set forth in Taiwan, Republic of China.
- If any part of this agreement becomes obsolete or is declared to be invalid, it does not affect the rest of the agreement.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement, Genius and you agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court.